Lindsey got her driver's license yesterday. It was a peculiar experience for me. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Most of the time, at these sort of junctures, I start to feel older. In this case, I found myself following her around, telling her to be careful and trying to give her extra hints so that she wouldn't go out and get hurt in a car accident. Lindsey listened nicely. In driver's ed., they must have a lesson on how to deal with nervous parents, because she handled it all with grace and kindly humored me by just saying "OK dad, I will."
We were at someone else's home and she wanted to go home before us. She was so excited to drive home on her own. Yet I just stood there watching her drive away, wondering if I'd ever see her again...
It was her first time driving solo and my first time watching my children drive a car away all alone.
Yeah, it's a delayed reaction, but, now I feel old.
No comments:
Post a Comment