Yesterday, we went to the house with the whole family for the first time. The kids have been dying to see it. We got home from church, and I started making Katsu Curry. I checked email for a message from the realtors, but there wasn't one. So we sat down and ate my creation. One of the better ones I've done lately. After finishing, I started to wonder why the realtors hadn't sent a message yet. So, I went back over the email from before and realized that they weren't going to send us email, but rather call us and leave a voice message.
So, I went downstairs and checked the answering machine, and sure enough, we were supposed to meet the listing agent at the house at 1pm. It was 2:30. So, we piled in the car hoping that we'd be able to get in somehow and see it. I was already growing tired of the question, "Dad, when do we get to see the house?"
When we got there the listing agent wasn't there, but the owner was. She's a very nice lady who let us in, all 7 of us. We found that the other family that had made an offer on the home also had 5 children and a mother in law. She said that she just felt better about us and wanted us to have the house because we were christian.
The kids loved it. The reactions were the usual. Each claiming rooms and finding favorite places. Outside they planned where the trampoline would go, which trees the zip line would run between and where to put the tree house. I felt a little bad about invading the home that way. I kept running around telling the kids, "Don't touch, this is someone else's home." "Be respectful, and stop screaming Sarah!"
The house has a laundry chute for throwing laundry from the upstairs down into the laundry room. As we were preparing to leave, we were talking to the owner of the house outside. Everybody was in the car but Tyson. I looked around to find him a bit, but didn't spot him. Then, I noticed that he was inside the house putting all the laundry back into the closet where the laundry chute empties. I thought, "that's odd." I opened that closet and everything stayed in just fine. I wonder why stuff was falling out...
Come to find out on the ride home, my protestations and predictions of dire consequences to the contrary, Tyson threw himself down the laundry chute...
No comments:
Post a Comment