Monday, August 14, 2006

Backgrounds : Blake Island Eagle

We were having a scout overnight campout on Blake Island, which is just across the Puget Sound from Elliot Bay which is right in the center of Seattle. I slept on the boat that night in the marina. The next morning, I awoke to this beautiful Eagle perched up on top of a tall pole. No sooner had I gotten my camera out then it flew off. I snapped a few exposures as I tracked it flying by. Thinking it was all going to be a blur, I was happy to see that the Nikon autofocus did the trick. This was just plain serendipity considering I had been up most of the night with neighboring parties, roving scouts and cries of "Kill the Raccoon".
Then there was the inebriated guy who fell into the water just as the 55 foot yacht was sideslipping into the dock where he fell off. Then his buddy started assaulting the guy trying to position the hull so it didn't crash into the neighboring yachts. The whole thing was so bizaare. Sometimes you see the most incredible things in the most unlikely places. This day I saw two.

No comments: