I've always been a fan of Ford Mustangs. My cool uncle Barry had one that was very fast when I was 11 or 12. I remember sitting in the back of it, with my dad in the front seat and Barry screaming down Claussen Road. I was scared to death but excited when Barry announced we had just achieved the speed of 160 MPH. Later, Elder Sturgis, my childhood idol would tell me stories about his Mustang after Sunday dinners. This was the same Elder that died out of Florence and left his 10 speed bike for me. The same one I rode into the ground for years. Anyway, the other day, while riding to work I spotted one of those really nice new model Mustangs on I-90. I sped up to get a better look and noticed as I did that the license plate frame read "Lung donation recipient". This intrigued me even more, so I rolled onto the throttle a bit to get a look at the driver. I'd always wanted to know what a lung donation recipient looked like. As it turned out it was a petite young woman, quite attractive, dressed nicely in jeans and a white button down shirt. I thought, "Oh, that's what a lung donation recipient looks like." Hmmmm...
Later, I spotted the same Mustang. Same model, same color, same wheels. Upon passing the Mustand and expecting to see the same lung donation recipient, whereupon I was strangely shocked to see a rather large, harry, unshaven man, with a stained t-shirt, eating a whopper and smoking a cigar.
No comments:
Post a Comment