As it happens, Lindsey was working, Tyson was helping out a friend clean her yard and Mom had some running around to do. Amanda was sleeping over at her friend Nina's house. So it was just me and Sarah and Jenny. We threw the bikes in the back of the truck and drove to Marymoor park. We rode the bikes a bit, but Christine's bike, the one I was riding, had a rear tire that's just about to blow out, so the bike ride was short.
So we went over to the playground and played with a little kickball that Sarah got for her birthday. Sarah is getting better at catching and throwing. Jenny is as usual for her, (anything to do with sports she seems to do well) she has quite an arm. She started doing this thing where she'd run as fast as she could and then throw the ball while she was running, sort of like an NFL quarterback or an olympic javelin thrower. :)
When that got old, we played monster. Monster is a modified game of tag. That means I run around growling and try to catch the kids and when I catch them, I (get neck sugar) eat them and then let them go. We swang a bit, hopped in the car and headed home. These simple days are fun and memorable. Vacation time well spent.
No comments:
Post a Comment